SPECIALISED TRIATHLON TRAINING FOR MATURE ATHLETES
A truly most amazing week! From dawn till dusk, or so it felt, not only did we work
hard at training on our disciplines, but so did the coaches. Always there with words of
encouragement and of course a smile, a huge thanks to Sandra, Jo and of course
Stefan, Ted and Toni for everything this week.
New skills learnt, existing ones built on and a huge sense of satisfaction that when taken out of your comfort zone, you realised that you could actually ‘do’ the things you never thought you could.
I very much look forward to coming back for the swim camp in November and returning to the warm and friendly Tri 50 family.
Tri camp 2019
A wonderful week of training, learning and making new friends. A real treat to be with the Tri50 coaches who deliver on every level. Some challenging cycling, fantastic sea swims and breezy scenic runs.
Thank you for making the experience the best ever. I feel well prepared and ready for a fun race season.
Spring and Autumn Training Camps in the beautiful sunshine of Lanzarote. We focus all our attention on making our fully coached training camps a trip to remember
Jo and Sandra are proud to match their personal passion for triathlon with impressive track records as both Coaches and competitors.
Our emphasis on quality helps you stay sharp and reduce your risk of injury, allowing you to reach your potential in a friendly setting.
.......fun, fitness, cycle handling skills and social rides, sea swimming, pool swimming, swim filming and 1-1 analysis, workshops, friends, camaraderie, support, running and run technique, strength and conditioning, socialising, sunshine, Time Trials, mini Triathlon plus individual input from our highly experienced coaches to allow you to develop your individual skills and address any fears you may have.......
Amazing coaching ratios - up to 5 coaches on every camp
Sandra and Jo are L3 BTF coaches with many years of experience coaching complete novices up to experienced GB Age Group athletes, across all distances. With the support of Stefan and Ted (L1 coaches) and also Toni (L2Dip) they can cater for everyone and aim to provide regular individual input to all athletes on the camps - while the group were competing in a TT at the end of our Spring 19 camp, one coach was working 1-1 with a novice athlete to get her into cleats. Not only something the athlete wanted, but also, believed to be the best learning experience for this particular athlete.
Great Venue - Sands Beach and Lanzarote
Tri50 returns to Sands Beach Resort in Lanzarote for a number of reasons:
* Warm sunshine all year round - averaging around 23 degrees in both November and April/May. The sea is also warm and inviting with many people swimming without wetsuits (though not us, for the most part, as we need to get used to them and it also gives another layer of safety) Minimal rainfall and great roads.
* Most athletes stay on Plaza Verde where the 8 lane heated training pool is located - simply step out of your room and you're poolside. The swimming beach is a few mins walk away and you can swim within the marked area or take a more challenging route out to sea (and back of course...)
* You can run either along the seafront path or out across off-road terrain along the coast to the local village - all traffic free
* Lanzarote roads are in excellent condition and provide flats and hills - a local superb service road provides the venue for the almost traffic free Time Trial at the end of the week. The only 'marmite' is it can be windy - but then a headwind will become a tailwind at some point....
* Very large rooms - actually apartments not rooms. Currently the whole resort is undergoing a gradual gentle freshen up and fibre optic cable is being added to improve internet quality. You can have a studio (living room with double bed, kitchen and bathroom plus double sinks) or apartment ( as studio plus a separate double bedroom)
* Half board is recommended - food is copious and the range is extensive. Buffet style breakfast and evening meal offers everything you need as a hungry athlete and no need to cook or clean...... It's also an excellent opportunity to sit, relax and socialise.
* Short transfers to the airport - just 15/20mins. Either take a transfer, which the hotel will arrange if you wish, or hire a car for the simple drive to the hotel where there is plenty of free parking
Our experiences have shown our approach to triathlon training works brilliantly for mature athletes of all ages.
Swim, Bike, Run
Technique is key - you wouldn't build a house without foundations! So all three disciplines are fully coached to help you improve your bike handling skills, run technique and swim technique. Indeed the analysis of your swim technique allows Jo and Sandra to give you individual feedback and teach you how to carry out the drills necessary to continue improving your stroke once home.
*Strength and Conditioning - a simple set of key exercises that you can do at home, or at the gym, to make you robust as a swimmer, cyclist or runner ( Sandra is a L4 Personal Trainer)
* Time Trial - test yourself on a 20k fairly flat road. Perfect surface, virtually traffic free, great fun that will push you out of your comfort zone a little (or a lot...)
* Mini event - this is tailored to the focus of your training camp so either Swim TT, Aquathlon or Triathlon - everyone is catered for depending on race distance, ability and fitness levels
* Workshops - how to fuel and feed your training and racing, how to apply training principles to all the hard work you're doing at home, the benefits of using power on the bike and bike maintenance guided by what you want to learn
* A great working relationship with the resort means they also pass on discounts to athletes
* Group dinner to socialise, examine and swap photos and stories on the day
Why April/May and November?
Our Spring camps are specifically planned to provide a springboard for the upcoming racing year while the November swim specific camp is designed to improve your technique in time for you to work on it over the winter months. Practice makes permanent, not perfect!!
WHAT WE OFFER
Through our programme of separate specialised triathlon training camps , training days and workshops for mature athletes, we put the focus exactly where it works best. You will get the same friendly welcome whether you’re starting out or you’re an experienced Age Grouper with a new competitive goal.
Tri50’s approach to multisport coaching is to focus on the benefits of training SMARTER whether you’re a complete novice or aspiring to achieve GB qualification.
We understand that everyone learns differently and that getting to grips with the technical aspects of one sport — whether it’s swimming, cycling or running — may take longer than mastering the other two.