SPECIALISED TRIATHLON TRAINING FOR MATURE ATHLETES
Spring and Autumn Training Camps in the beautiful sunshine of Lanzarote. We focus all our attention on making our fully coached training camps a trip to remember
.......fun, fitness, cycle handling skills and social rides, sea swimming, pool swimming, swim filming and 1-1 analysis, friends, camaraderie, support, running, socialising, sunshine, mini Triathlon plus individual input to allow you to develop your individual skills and address any fears you may have.......
Our emphasis on quality helps you stay sharp and reduce your risk of injury, allowing you to reach your potential in a friendly setting.
Great Venue - Sands Beach and Lanzarote
Tri50 returns to Sands Beach Resort in Lanzarote for a number of reasons:
* Warm sunshine all year round - averaging around 23 degrees in both November and April/May. The sea is also warm and inviting with many people swimming without wetsuits (though not us, for the most part, as we need to get used to them and it also gives another layer of safety) Minimal rainfall and great roads.
* Most athletes stay on Plaza Verde where the 8 lane heated training pool is located - simply step out of your room and you're poolside. The swimming beach is a few mins walk away and you can swim within the marked area or take a more challenging route out to sea (and back of course...)
* You can run either along the seafront path or out across off-road terrain along the coast to the local village - all traffic free
* Lanzarote roads are in excellent condition and provide flats and hills - a local superb service road provides the venue for the almost traffic free Time Trial at the end of the week. The only 'marmite' is it can be windy - but then a headwind will become a tailwind at some point....
* Half board is recommended - food is copious and the range is extensive. Buffet style breakfast and evening meal offers everything you need as a hungry athlete and no need to cook or clean...... It's also an excellent opportunity to sit, relax and socialise.
* Short transfers to the airport - just 15/20mins. Either take a transfer, which the hotel will arrange if you wish, or hire a car for the simple drive to the hotel where there is plenty of free parking
* Mini event - this is tailored to the focus of your training camp so either Swim TT, Aquathlon or Triathlon - everyone is catered for depending on race distance, ability and fitness levels
* A great working relationship with the resort means they also pass on discounts to athletes
* Group dinner to socialise, examine and swap photos and stories on the day
Why April/May and November?
Our Spring camps are specifically planned to provide a springboard for the upcoming racing year while the November swim specific camp is designed to improve your technique in time for you to work on it over the winter months. Practice makes permanent, not perfect!!
WHAT WE OFFER
Through our programme of separate specialised triathlon training camps , training days and workshops for mature athletes, we put the focus exactly where it works best. You will get the same friendly welcome whether you’re starting out or you’re an experienced Age Grouper with a new competitive goal.
Tri50’s approach to multisport coaching is to focus on the benefits of training SMARTER whether you’re a complete novice or aspiring to achieve GB qualification.
We understand that everyone learns differently and that getting to grips with the technical aspects of one sport — whether it’s swimming, cycling or running — may take longer than mastering the other two.